Sunday, April 19, 2015

Google!

You know a search engine has become a big deal when they officially turn the website name into a verb. For example, the word "google" is now considered a verb in the dictionary defined as "(often lowercaseto search the Internet for information about (a person, topic, etc.)." Myself along with many others can probably say the use Google multiple times a day to look up whatever they are wondering about. Some examples of things I google the most are: addresses, hours of operation, symptoms, recipes, definitions, homework help, lyrics, etc. Google is a very convenient and reliable website. I believe Google does have a lot of power over our lives now a days just because of how much we depend on it to answer all our questions. I don't know if I would consider the world addicted to Google because we have lived without it so I'm sure we could do it again. I just think people would be a little lost without it for a while due to how advantageous it is. Lastly, I do not believe that Google is endangering our privacy to independence because it is our choice if we want to rely on Google for answers or not. I am sure if we did not have Google, we would find another way to receive all the information we are looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment